The world is full of ideas, everyone of us have a profound knowledge of something in our own field of work and an idea follows immediately to make it better. But then, Ideas are dime a dozen, the challenge is in execution. Of the many challenges that hinders executing a world changing idea is access to resources (aka money).
To take the plunge and getting things done is not everyone’s cup of tea, thankfully there are Angels (Friends, Family) who take the leap of faith along with a wannabe entrepreneur to setup shop and grow the startup.
We wish it was that easy! Well, consider this scenarios:
- Can your competitors take over the market if they raise capital and you bootstrap?
- Can your business continue growing without external funding?
- What are your chances for successful fundraising? or should you even try?
- You may need the VCs, but does VCs need you?
If answering these questions was not hard enough, there are more jargons in the world of fundraising, Pre-Money, Post-Money, Rights of capital protection, Political rights, Liquidation preferences…does this mean one must give up hopes and resort to just bootstrapping?
Let us remember, ‘raising capital is not equal to success, not raising is not equal to failure’. Whether bootstrapped or funded, the money is just a means to an end. But how does one decide what to do and how to go about?
GBG Mumbai brings you an exclusive session – ‘Bootstrapping vs. Fundraising – When and How‘ where you can hear two perspective on the same topic; one from a Venture Capitalist, another from an Entrepreneur who recently raised funds.
- Prashanth Mehta, Partner, Lightbox Venture (Lightbox’s portfolio includes InMobi, Cleartrip, Naukri)
- Prateek Shukla, Co-founder / CEO, grabhouse.com (the startup that gives you broker free house renting)
Date & Time: Saturday, Nov 29th. 3.45pm. Seminar Hall, Harkisan Mehta Institute of Journalism. Mithibai College. Vile Parle.
Entry: Free and by registration only. Please fill the form below and await your confirmation.
Who should attend? If you are a startup or intending to start one in the near future, and would like to know how to the nuances of bootstrapping and raising money, then this event is for you.